Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 1028
The AX8 is currently out of stock. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "AX8" in the subject to be automatically notified once the unit is in stock.
The AX8 is an all-in-one floor unit featuring the legendary Quantum Amp Modeling made famous in our flagship Axe-Fx line of preamp/guitar processors. It also features our patented UltraRes™ speaker simulation technology and a stunning collection of Fractal Audio effects, including many of the greatest stompboxes and studio effect processors of all time, plus the tremendous capability to imagine and create totally new sounds. No other all-in-one unit offers the same level of realism, flexibility, and control. A truly musical experience, playing the AX8 unlocks creativity and inspires great performances.
The unit is “built like a tank” with a steel chassis and aircraft aluminum end panels, featuring eleven quiet, durable, solid-state footswitches with no mechanical contacts to fail, 27 LEDs in three colors, a brilliant LCD display, six buttons including SHIFT for extra functions, five soft knobs, and eight dedicated LED-indicator knobs for essential amp functions. It has an instrument input, XLR, Humbuster and S/PDIF main outputs, a stereo effects loop (which also doubles as a auxilliary input/output for special applications) and four jacks for external switches or expression pedals. The AX8 is perfect for guitar, bass, and other instruments.
Like every Fractal Audio Systems product, the AX8 puts audio performance above all else. It uses extremely high quality converters for a pristine signal path and ultra-low noise. The onboard dual processors run the same high-quality algorithms made famous in the Axe-Fx. In comparison to other all-in-one units, we emphasize quality over quantity in the AX8. The amp modeling is truly the centerpiece, providing incredible nuance and tone, whether you seek crystal clear cleans, elusive edge-of-breakup tones, rich, cascaded overdriven rock tones, or face-melting high-gain modern distortion.
Most importantly, the AX8 continues the Fractal Audio Systems tradition of total quality. Our unique company structure, along with our direct sales model means higher quality at a lower price—and the AX8 is made in the USA. Our intensely dedicated product team doesn’t answer to share-holders and corporate bean-counters, so we don’t cut corners. This, along with our obsession with “being the best” leads to stellar reliability, performance and, most importantly, that “legendary Fractal Audio sound.”
AX8-EDIT, a full-featured software editor, is also included free. The AX8 is fully compatible with Fractal-Bot for preset sharing, easy backup and restore, plus firmware updates as new features are added.
- The AX8 contains 512 different presets arranged in 64 numbered banks.
- Each preset is like an entire rig, with its own amp, speaker cab, and effects.
- 260+ “Quantum” amp models utilize the same technology as our flagship Axe-Fx II.
- Ultra-Res™ Speaker Cab sims provides a level of accuracy that only Fractal Audio Systems can offer.
- AX8 is also compatible with our entire library of Cab-Packs.
- Presets are extremely flexible with the familiar “Layout Grid” from the Axe-Fx II. You can even import blocks created in Axe-Edit.
- Most blocks offer X/Y switching for twice as many sounds from the same number of blocks.
- Each preset contains eight scenes. Think of a Scene as a preset within a preset. Scenes eliminate “tap dancing” by turning multiple effects on or off with a single tap, switching X/Y states, and more.
- Every preset can have its own custom footswitch 1-8 assignments. There are over 16 different useful “Footswitch Blocks” such as “Scene 1/2 Toggle” or “Looper Control Mode”.
- Footswitches can also be designated as “GLOBAL”, which gives them the same assignment across ALL presets in the AX8.
- Three assignable Function Footswitches offer over a dozen options so you can create the perfect layout of “modes” for your musical performances.
- On-board jacks for four external footswitches or expression pedals like the Fractal Audio Systems EV-1 make it easy to remote-control sound functions.
- MIDI and USB also provide powerful options for control, editing, and more.
- AX8-Edit, a free software editor, makes it possible to edit presets, effects, and more.
- And much more! AX8 firmware is upgradeable, so the best can always be yet to come...